Let us make a list or two, shall we?
First, what hasn't destroyed the Earth in the past.
- Women getting the vote.
- Black people getting the vote.
- Social Security.
- Fluoride in drinking water.
- Publically funded education.
- A nuclear arms reduction pact with the Soviet Union.
- Diplomatic relations with China and Vietnam.
- Electing a black man as President of the United States.
What hasn't destroyed the Earth very recently.
- Women serving in the military.
- Gays and lesbians serving in the military.
- Gays and lesbians being allowed to marry who they love.
- The Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare").
- Diplomatic relations with Cuba.
What probably won't destroy the Earth in the near future.
- Removing the trade embargo with Cuba.
- A nuclear arms agreement with Iran.
- Getting rid of all these so-called "voter I.D." laws and making it easier for U.S. citizens to vote, not more difficult.