Friday, August 14, 2015

Can anyone actually envision Donald Trump as President of the United States?



This guy?  The guy who turns red while angrily spouting off at anyone who dares disagree with him or ask him a question he doesn't like?  Really?  President?  I can't imagine what would happen with any sort of delicate negotiations with a foreign leader who dared to have a different opinion than does President Donald Trump.  What would he do?  Just overwhelm them with irrefutable logic, such as "I am really, really rich!"  Or, scream at them until they capitulate.  Yes, I can see how that would cause someone like Vladimir Putin to just curl up in a fetal ball and give into anything that Master Of The Universe Mr. President Donald Trump would ask for.  I am on tenterhooks to find out what kind of argument he would use to get Mexico to pay for a really high wall on the entire border between Mexico and the U.S.  Would  The Donald ever take any sort of recommendation from his advisors, ever?  I can't see it.  I see him turning around and saying "You're fired!" a lot easier than I see him rationally considering nuanced input from multiple sources.  Heck, I can't see him rationally considering ANYTHING.  "From the gut, full speed ahead, offense is the best defense, and never, ever apologize for anything."  That would be how a Trump White House would be run, I would imagine.  Bull in a China Shop diplomacy.  

What in the world is the United States coming to?  This is just too weird to even comprehend that this person actually has a chance of getting the nomination of one of the two major parties in the U.S., and therefore, would have at least a theoretical chance of being elected.  And he might just pick Sarah Palin as a running mate to top it off.

Down the rabbit hole....


(Notice the likenesses in body language and facial expressions between Trump (above) and The Red Queen (below).  I didn't even notice those similarities until after I had posted this.)

No comments: