Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Wit and Wisdom of Star Wars, as it applies to the administration of George W. Bush.


Thanks and stuff to IMDB for these quotes. (For additional posts in the “Wit and Wisdom” series, click on the link at the bottom.)


Dr. Evazan: [explaining] He doesn't like you.
Luke: Sorry.
Dr. Evazan: I don't like you either.

Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

C-3PO: [to R2-D2] This is all your fault.

Han Solo: This is *not* gonna work.
Luke: Why didn't you say so before?
Han Solo: I *did* say so before.

Han Solo: It's not my fault.

Luke: I don't think so. I'm looking for a great warrior.
Yoda: Ohhh. Great warrior.
[laughs and shakes his head]
Yoda: Wars not make one great.

Darth Vader: Calrissian. Take the princess and the Wookie to my ship.
Lando: You said they'd be left at the city under my supervision.
Darth Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

C-3PO: Excuse me sir, but might I inquire as to what's going on?
Han Solo: Why not?
C-3PO: Impossible man.

C-3PO: Sir, If I may venture an opinion...
Han Solo: I'm not really interested in your opinion 3PO.

[after choking Captain Needa to death]
Darth Vader: Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

Princess Leia: I have a bad feeling about this...

Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
Obi-Wan: He will learn patience.
Yoda: Much anger in him.

Yoda: Good relations with the Wookies, I have.

The Emperor: [to the Senate] In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years.
[Senate fills with enormous applause]
Padmé: [to Bail Organa] So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!
Anakin Skywalker: If you're not with me, you're my enemy.
Obi-Wan: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.

Darth Sidious: Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace.

Qui-Gon Jinn: Greed can be a very powerful ally.

Senator Palpatine: There is no civility, only politics.

Qui-Gon Jinn: Do you hear that?
[a rumbling is heard in the distance]
Jar Jar Binks: Yeah.
Qui-Gon Jinn: That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way.
Obi-Wan: If they find us, they will crush us, grind us into TINY pieces and BLAST us into oblivion!

Yoda: Hard to see, the dark side is.

Nute Gunray: My lord, is that... legal?
Darth Sidious: I will make it legal.

Lando Calrissian: Here goes nothing.

The Emperor: If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

Padme: You're not all-powerful, Ani.
Anakin: Well, I should be.

Jango Fett: Do you like your army?
Obi-Wan: I look forward to seeing them in action.

Anakin: I've heard this lesson before.
Obi-Wan: You haven't learned anything, Anakin.

Anakin: Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever.

Anakin: When I got to them we got into aggressive negotiations.
Padme: Aggressive negotiations? What's that?
Anakin: Ah, well, it's negotiations with a lightsaber.

Anakin: You call this a diplomatic solution?
Padme: No, I call it an aggressive negotiation.

Count Dooku: I have good news for you, my lord. War has begun.
Darth Sidious: Excellent. Everything is going as planned.

Anakin: You're asking me to be rational. I know that is something I cannot do.

Queen Jamillia: The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it.
Padme: Let's pray that day never comes.

No comments: