Thursday, July 05, 2007

A thirty-second morality play (in one act).

John: Hello, miss. Say, would you care to go back to my hotel with me? I have lots of cash.

Undercover officer: You are under arrest for solicitation of prostitution!

John: You caught me red-handed. But, could you explain to me one thing about this? Why is it legal and ethical for multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies to make additional billions of dollars by selling their ED drugs to men with sexual problems, thereby allowing those men to have sex with women where they otherwise could not, but it is illegal for men to pay women to have sex with them, where they otherwise might not, and both parties are subject to large fines and possible jail time, not to mention public humiliation?

Undercover officer: Uhhh.... Shut up! You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney (if the Bush administration allows you to, that is)...

No comments: