Friday, May 26, 2006

Hey, Enron's Lay and Skilling Found Guilty!

Perhaps justice can still prevail in the current "free-for-all" business environment here in the U.S. Great news indeed. I hope they both end up having to do extensive jail time, instead of drawing out everything with appeals.

I would hope that what remains of Enron will see the sense of dropping the current lawsuit against my local Public Utilities Department. The compliant is that my PUD unilaterally cancelled all the contracts they signed with Enron to provide us with electricity after we all found out, in some very dramatic ways, that they were actively manipulating the energy markets. And it certainly wasn’t for the good of the consumer. How they could possibly continue with such a lawsuit and keep a straight face is beyond me.

I can’t even begin to come up with enough nasty adjectives for these goons that gloated about “stealing money from Grandma”.

No comments: