Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wait a second! The GOP wants advice from Dana Perio!?!

From Talking Points Memo:
GOP Turns To Former Bush Aides For Communications Advice

The Politico reports that the House GOP conference is bringing in three former Bush advisers -- former Bush press secretary Dana Perino, former deputy press secretary Tony Fratto, and former Bush counselor Ed Gillespie -- to give advice to House GOP press secretaries at this Friday's annual workshop. "We are battle-tested," said Perino.



HAHAHAHA!!!! This is the person who, as official spokesperson for the Bush administration, didn’t even know what the Cuban Missile Crisis was:

Appearing on National Public Radio's light-hearted quiz show "Wait, Wait . . . Don't Tell Me," which aired over the weekend, (Dana) Perino got into the spirit of things and told a story about herself that she had previously shared only in private: During a White House briefing, a reporter referred to the Cuban Missile Crisis -- and she didn't know what it was.

"I was panicked a bit because I really don't know about . . . the Cuban Missile Crisis," said Perino, who at 35 was born about a decade after the 1962 U.S.-Soviet nuclear showdown. "It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."

So she consulted her best source. "I came home and I asked my husband," she recalled. "I said, 'Wasn't that like the Bay of Pigs thing?' And he said, 'Oh, Dana.' "


“It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I am pretty sure.” Yathink? Jeez. Well, if the GOP is going to be asking this person for her advice, I would guess the Democratic party is sitting much more prettily that I ever would have imagined.

I wonder what else Ms. Perino doesn't know much about.

No comments: