Friday, June 01, 2007

The wit and wisdom of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, as it applies to the administration of George W. Bush


Once again, thanks to IMDB.

Willow: I wish Buffy was here!
Buffy: I'm here!
Willow: I wish I had a million dollars!
[everyone stares ant her]
Willow: Just checking.

[the gang is fighting a troll]
Anya: How can I help?
Willow: Uh, distract him from Buffy. Uh, piss him off.
Anya: I don't know how!
Willow: Anya, I have faith in you. There is no one you cannot piss off.

Spike: I'm insane. What's his excuse?

Buffy: Hey. Look at us. We came up with a plan, a good plan.

Principal Snyder: It's fuzzy-minded liberal thinking like that that gets you eaten.

Buffy: Have I ever let you down?
Giles: Do you want me to answer that, or shall I just glare?

Buffy: Oh look, a bad guy.

Buffy: People to see, demons to kill.

Xander: I don't get your crazy system.
Giles: It's called the alphabet.
Xander: Would ya look at that.

Adam: You failed me.
Spike: Let's not quibble about who failed who.

Xander: I still don't get why we had to come here to get info about a killer snot monster.
Giles: Because it's a killer snot monster from outer space... I did not say that.

[In response to being asked to fight a troll]
Spike: I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much.

Buffy: Giles, are you sure about this?
Giles: Why wouldn't I be?
Buffy: Well, aside from the fact that most magic shop owners in Sunnydale have the life expectancy of a Spinal Tap drummer, have you ever run a store before?

Buffy: I'm rash and impulsive. It's a flaw.

Glory: Did anybody order an apocalypse?

Anya: Anybody else feel that?
Willow: What?
Anya: Cold draft of paralyzing fear?

Xander: He can come along any minute.
Buffy: Yeah, and the minute after that, I can terrify him with my alarming strength and remarkable self-involvement.

Spike: Don't be a stupid git. There is no...
Giles: Spike if I want your opinion I'll... I'll never want your opinion.

Xander: I guess it's time for a little reconnaissance.
Buffy: You mean where we all sculpt and paint and stuff?
Xander: That was the Renaissance.
Buffy: Oh. I told you I've had a bad week.

Buffy: [notices the large pile of books] Is this all research, or just some kind of stress test for the table?

Anya: You know who else aren't American? French people.

Willow: Nervous?
Xander: No way. I'm full of that good ole kamikaze spirit.
Giles: Xander, just because this is never going to work is no need to be negative.

Buffy: Okay, this is beyond evil, this is insane troll logic.

Dawn: Do you know that ancient Sumerians do not speak English?
Buffy: They're worse than the French.

Willow: He said he wasn't coming back until he'd driven to all fifty states.
Buffy: Did you explain about Hawaii?
Willow: Well, he seemed so determined.

Spike: There's always casualties in war, Buffy.
Buffy: Casualties. It just sounds so... casual.

For other posts in this series, see here and here.

No comments: